Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Blog 5: Definition

     When I was younger I never had the chance to think about having a future family. It never crossed my mind because I was still young. Instead I focused on what career I would have in the future. I could be an actor a star my name in the magazines, newspaper and the TV. A scientist going out to the field collecting data making the world a better place. Or how about a soldier protecting the freedom and peace that other people take for granted. As time passed by I began to change my mind, until one day I decided to be a programmer
     Now that I have gotten this far I still didn't think about having a family in the future. First of all I suck when it comes to relationships. It made me wonder as to how I could get a wife one day. So I decided not to think about it anymore. Then, something else came into my mind. How would I raise my child in the future? How should I guide him or her to see what is right from wrong?
    My parents would be the greatest example of a responsible parent for me. They raised me well, sacrificed everything and showed me love. I felt so important to them and that is why my child in the future would be as well. Your child would be a reflection as to how good of a parent you had been. The things you learned in life would be passed on to them and the mistakes you've made are mistakes they should never commit in. They showed me that a good parent doesn't discourage their child in doing the things that they want to do but instead they make them understand the consequences in doing these.
     Given the chance, I would let my child do whatever he or she wants even if society sees it as inappropriate. If ever I would have a son, I would allow him to do dancing, cooking, acting, hairdressing and all the other stuff that are considered feminine, I myself like some of the feminine things anyway. As long as he can maintain his masculinity and be able to know what God has given him, I would never stop him. The last think I would need is a homosexual son. If ever I would have a daughter, I would allow her to do those rough sports and martial arts as well as long as she likes doing it and it would make her happier. Martial arts is the best, I'd support it for her own safety. She could easily defend herself and escape from the clutches of evil.
     I hope in the future when I have outlive my purpose my child could live a happy life. The freedom they have on choosing what they want to do even if society sees it as inappropriate. Their ability to explore hidden talents in them because they know who they really are. And the strength to withstand what other people say. These are the things I would like to leave behind for them to use to their advantage. I do hope that someday my approach in teaching my child would be passed on to generations after generations. So that, all them would be free to choose what amuses them individually without being confused of their gender

1 comment:

  1. Inspiring blog.. You're very fortunate to have your parents.

    ReplyDelete