Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Blog 6: Description


                The water cycle starts with the bodies of water heated by the rays of the sun. The water molecules would begin to vibrate faster and faster as its temperature reaches the boiling point. These vibrating molecules would break free from the bond between the water molecules to water molecules. When these water molecules break free they would float into the atmosphere as steam. Try to observe a hot coffee you could see that steam is going out from it and after a while the content inside your cup would lessen even if you didn’t drink it. Formally we call the steam as water vapor; it is a light gas which is another phase of water. Water is the also the only existing molecule that has all three phases which is liquid, solid and gas. As these water vapor go up in the atmosphere they begin to cool. When these molecules cool they tend to vibrate much slower and slower making them much more susceptible to bondage. Thus, the process of condensation happens and these can be seen from the clouds we see and appreciate every day. Precipitation happens when solid particles goes up the atmosphere and comes into contact with the condensed water vapor. Thus, the phenomenon which stir up gloomy emotions we call rain occurs. Sometimes I think of the rain as the tears of the sky as it is being exposed to pollution.
                When I was little I always wondered why it would rain. I got to think that maybe the clouds are crying. But when I went through elementary I learned that it was just a part of a cycle that retains the amount of water present in our Earth. The funny thing is when it rains; the water cycle doesn’t cross my mind. Instead emotions flood in and I would recall the time when I was little. Every time I see droplets fall from the sky and I every time I hear the sound of falling rain, I could always recall the envious feeling I had for my friends when I was still young. I would sit and watch them inside the house as they run and dance under the gloomy grey clouds. Oh how I envy them, If only I could go outside and feel the cold touch of the wind’s embrace. If only I had the chance to be drenched in every refreshing droplet then I wouldn’t have to envy them at all. I believe that’s the price I had to pay for being born sickly. There had never been a rainy day in which I wouldn’t catch a cold, cough, fever or just feel healthy when I was young. Every time the weather turns cold my nose would be all red and clogged up with mucus. There were even times that I just couldn’t stand the feeling that I went out. After feeling the refreshing and pleasant experience of doing what I want, then comes the reprimands and scolding from my parents. On top of that MR. HOTTIE FEVAH, comes in for a visit. Even if I did what I wanted to do, the envious feeling still persists inside. Questions like, why I wasn’t born as healthy as my friends were would come into my mind.
 I am healthier now, even if I got drenched and got soaked to the bone I won’t get sick that easily. At my age now, I’ve been through many situations and emotions in which I could associate with the rain. Emotions such as loneliness and sadness would sink deep into my heart every time I see those darkened skies but still I couldn’t forget the feeling I had when I was younger. Sometimes I could go and appreciate what happened to me when I was a child, cause when those negative feeling arises I could still smile through it because of that.

This post confirms my ownership of the site and that this site adheres to Google AdSense program policies and Terms and Conditions: ca-pub-1957132750048992

1 comment: